5 Sea Star Guest Reviews
The most sought after location at Qualicum Landing. This amazing 2,000 sq. ft. Hollyburn Plan, Luxury Beach House has relaxing OCEAN VIEWS and a LARGE STONE PATIO.
The BEACH access is only a 1 MINUTE WALK from the home. Very Spacious and Open Concept Great Room, CUSTOM GOURMET KITCHEN with GRANITE Counters. Seating is available for 8 at the Large Dining Table and 4 at the Raised Breakfast Bar. The Living Area has a Stone FIREPLACE and FLAT SCREEN TV. HARDWOOD FLOORS throughout. There is a quiet MASTER KING BEDROOM on Main Floor with Flat Screen TV adjoining EN SUITE BATHROOM featuring a SOAKER TUB and glass RAIN FALL SHOWER. The Den on the main level has a sofa bed next to the ½ bath. The remaining 2 BEDROOMS are located on the upper level, 1 BEDROOM with a QUEEN BED and 1 OCEAN VIEW BEDROOM with 2 TWIN BEDS. The home has a total of 2 and ½ BATHROOMS. The Living Area windows and French Doors open onto the COVERED STONE PATIO with BBQ, comfortable Patio Furniture and Ocean view. The REAR Patio is Private, Shady, & provides Amazing OCEAN GLIMPSES and is a lovely spot for afternoon BBQs.
- LUXURY 3 BEDROOM + DEN - 2 Level Home 2000 sq. ft.
- OCEAN VIEW
- Main Floor KING MASTER BEDROOM EN SUITE BATHROOM with Shower and Separate Soaker Tub
- Main Floor DEN with DOUBLE SLEEPER SOFA
- Main Floor POWDER ROOM
- 2nd Floor QUEEN BEDROOM
- 2nd Floor TWO TWIN BEDs with Ocean View
- 2nd Floor FULL BATHROOM
- OCEAN VIEW from PATIO and LIVING ROOM
- Open concept and FULLY EQUIPPED GOURMET KITCHEN, Living Room & Dining Area Seating 8
- Full Size Stainless Steel Appliances
- GRANITE Counter Tops
- Breakfast Bar with Seating 4
- LARGE FLAT SCREEN TV located in Main Floor Living Area
- STONE FIREPLACE in Main Floor Living Area
- BBQ located on the COVERED STONE PATIO with Patio Table (Seating for 6)
- FREE password protected WIFI, CABLE and local calls on house phone
- In Suite LAUNDRY
- Air Conditioning
- MAXIMUM 2 VEHICLES per guest party (guest parking available)
- Single Car GARAGE
- PARKING for 1 Vehicle in DRIVE WAY (2nd vehicle must be parked in guest parking or garage)
- This home is only a ONE MINUTE WALK to the BEACH
- Bon-fire Area and Picnic Table available for guests and residents on the Beachfront
- Summer Swimming in the WARMEST OCEAN WATER NORTH OF CALIFORNIA
- Westcoast beach, great for BEACHCOMBING at Qualicum Landing’s Private 500 feet of Pristine Beachfront Swimming, Kayaking, Wildlife Watching, Seabirds,
- Lovely sandy beach area at low tide
- Beach Front Fire pit
- Professionally Landscaped Yard with Stone Pathways to the Beach and Private Patio Areas
- GATED Resort Property
- Year Round FITNESS CENTRE and CLUB HOUSE with POOL TABLE (closed due to Covid)
POOL and 2 HOT TUBS (June – September, Weather Dependent) (closed due to Covid)
- Dining, Shopping, Arts and Crafts
- 7 Golf Courses located within the Parksville and Qualicum Beach area
- ARROWSMITH GOLF COURSE in only 2.3 km (4 minutes away from Qualicum Landing)
- Paradise Adventure Mini-Golf - Two world famous mini golf courses, bumper boats, games pavilion, café, ice cream and gift shop located in Parksville
- Grotto Spa Tigh-Na-Mara on Rathtrevor Beach - Parksville (One of the best Spa’s in North America)
- Beach Acres Resort - Indoor pool, hot tub and sauna, available for daily fee - Next door to Tanglewood Beach Town Homes, Parksville
- Ravensong Aquatic Centre – Public Indoor Swimming Pool/hot tub/steam room and sauna in Qualicum Civic Centre (also has public library and lovely walk)
- Grocery Stores: Quality Foods, in Qualicum Beach and Parksville - Thrifty Foods, Parksville
- Lighthouse Trail located to the north of Qualicum Landing Resort – Wheelchair friendly and great for off leash dog walks – 5 minute drive North
- Horne Lake (Caves and Spelunking), Cameron Lake (water sports) and Spider Lake (swimming) are within a 20-45 min drive
- Cathedral Grove - some of the trees are more than 800 years old and 9 metres - around 35 min drive.
- Coombs Country Market a short 20 minute drive (Famous for the Goats on the Roof)
- Tiger Lily Farm near Coombs - Great Farm Fun for the entire family
- Morningstar Farm/Little Qualicum Cheeseworks - Meet Animals, Watch milking and cheese making, meet winemaker and sample world class cheeses and wines or take a guided/self-guided tour - Short 15 Min drive
- Englishman River Falls located in Arrowsmith - 40 Minutes’ Drive from Qualicum Landing - Spectacular waterfalls in a lush forest
- Strathcona Provincial Park, designated in 1911, is the oldest provincial park in British Columbia. Located almost in the centre of Vancouver Island accessed from Courtney or Mt. Washington (1 to 1.5 hour drive) – Huge park provides hiking trails; some along boardwalk for all levels of experience
- Mt. Washington Alpine Resort located (1 to 1.5 hour drive) Great Winter Skiing
- 25 Minutes to Parksville
- BC Ferries from Vancouver to Nanaimo (Hourly in the summer) Departure Bay to Horseshoe Bay - 50 Minute Drive - Duke Point to Tsawwassen - 55 Minute Drive
- Nanaimo Airport - 1 hour Drive South
- Comox International Airport – Direct daily flights from Alberta (1 hour drive)
- Qualicum Beach Airport – Direct Service to Vancouver Daily (25 Min Flight) - 15 km
- Comox Valley - 45 Minute Drive North (Big Box Stores, Movie Theatres, Comox International Airport)
- 2-2.5 hours to the Capital of British Columbia - Victoria
- Victoria International Airport – Direct daily flights from all N. America (2.5-3 hour drive)
|Jan - 2021|
|Feb - 2021|
|Mar - 2021|
|Apr - 2021|
|May - 2021|
|Jun - 2021|
|Jul - 2021|
|Aug - 2021|
|Sep - 2021|
|Oct - 2021|
|Nov - 2021|
|Dec - 2021|
Seasonal Rates* Rates are subject to change without notice. Pricing excludes taxes, additional options and fees.
|Vacation Rental Standard Pricing||Night||Weekly||Min Nights|
|Great Deal Season||$249||$1,494||3|
ReviewsWrite a Review
When it is time to start planning that family holiday there are few places better to explore than Vancouver Island’s Oceanside Region. Geographically situated just north of Nanaimo, Oceanside comprises the region from Nanoose Bay up the eastern coast of Vancouver Island to Deep Bay. The area’s population of approximately 25,000 is primarily centered in Parksville and Qualicum Beach although there are many great family attractions in the smaller communities of Coombs and Errington. It won’t take long to discover why few destinations can equal Oceanside as an all-round family getaway. VisitParksvilleQualicumbeach.com/
Sing a Song of Sand Dollars
This particular region of Vancouver Island boasts long wide stretches of sand perfect for discovering sand dollars, sea stars, crabs and the occasional jellyfish. With 19 km (12miles) of beautiful sandy beaches it is hard to imagine feeling crowded even on the hottest of summer days. In Parksville, the Community Beach features a terrific beachside playground and water park. When the tide is in, it is here that the warmest waters north of California are found. Endless days could be spent playing, relaxing, digging, exploring, building and picnicking on these beaches. Travel tip: Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen.
To Market to Market
The Coombs Old Country Market isn’t just a place to buy vegetables. On the Alberni Hwy in Coombs, the Market has been around for over 30 years. While it started as a produce stand it has grown to encompass so much more. While there is still a produce section, the market is known for its unique gift items and its atmosphere. Here you will find an ever-changing supply of unique and interesting wares. Of course, the goats on the sod roof are a big part of the fun too. Travel tip: Extra parking and a nice quiet café are up the road behind the Market.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Just a few kilometres (miles) from the Old Country Market, witness a caterpillar’s metamorphosis at Butterfly World. There are at least 400 butterflies everyday in this tropical oasis. Each week new pupae arrive from different locations throughout the world. They are hung in special mesh or glass enclosures so that visitors can see the butterflies emerge prior to being released to fly freely throughout the humid, tropical environment of Butterfly World. One of the special features of this flighty kingdom is that the butterfly’s entire life cycle can be viewed. With careful observation visitors can see eggs, caterpillars and for those with enough patience, butterflies laying eggs. Travel tip: wear bright colours.
Baa Baa Black Sheep
Tiger Lily Farm is an Errington petting farm that has progressively grown into what it is today: a hands-on experience for kids of all ages. Aside from petting sheep, chicks, bunnies, ponies and calves, children also have the opportunity to collect freshly laid eggs. The slightly more adventurous can try their hand at milking a goat. The goat’s milk is bottled and then fed to the calves. Travel tip: A farm is a farm; bring a change of footwear.
Where the Wild Things Are
Also in Errington is the North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre. The staff on this eight-acre site provide rehabilitation to ill, injured or orphaned wildlife, such as bears, owls, falcons, ferrets and eagles. A self-guided tour takes 15,000 visitors each year through a virtual outdoor museum of West Coast animals. The 43m (140ft) long eagle flight cage allows a close up look at these powerful birds. Travel tip: Adopt an animal at https://www.niwra.org/ before you go, and receive a free entry pass.
Sizzling Summer… Mile High Chairlift Rides, lift accessed Mountain Biking, Alpine Hiking and Eco-tours, Conference, Banquet and Wedding Facilities. White Winter…Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding on 1600 acres of steep and deep, Night Skiing and Snow tubing 50 km of Cross Country Trails, Snowshoeing.
Riptide Lagoon Miniature Golf
Riptide Lagoon offers two challenging 18 hold themed courses. Play through “Wandering Willie’s” snug little harbour, have your picture taken with the “Catch of the Day” and enjoy an ice cream on the patio. Bring the whole family and experience mini golf at its finest. |
Strathcona Provincial Park
Designated in 1911, Strathcona is the oldest provincial park in BC. You can access some of the best boardwalk hiking trails from Mount Washington to some of the best swimming lakes on the Island.
French Creek Marina
We purchase our wild salmon directly from local fishermen, ensuring that we always have the freshest, most sustainable seafood available. The French Creek Seafood Market always carries a wide variety of sustainably harvested, fresh local seafood, including Sockeye Salmon, Pacific Halibut, Pink Salmon, Spot Prawns, Coho Salmon and Albacore Tuna. Our MSC-monitored facility was recently awarded the MSC Marine Stwardship award for sustainable fishing practices, an award that we're highly proud of. French Creek Seafood is also EU Certified French Creek
Seven Wonders of Oceanside
Local Parksville and Qualicum Beach region residents and visitors alike were encouraged to vote for the attractions they felt best represented the truly unique experience of our region between August 1 and August 31 of 2007. These 7 attractions offer something for everyone and should be on your don’t miss list. For a CALENDAR OF EVENTS visit here.
Horne Lake Caves
Spelunking is an exhilarating family or extreme adventure. Guided tours are available all summer. Wear good shoes and bring a sweater as the temperature inside the caves is much cooler. https://www.hornelake.com/
Milner Gardens and Woodlands
60 acres of woodland and 10 acres of garden surrounding a heritage house. Afternoon tea is served from 1-4 pm. www.mala.ca/MilnerGardens/
The Aquarium at The Landing Restaurant
Watch Pacific Ocean sea life up close. This 27,000-liter aquarium mesmerizes diners. www.pacific-shores.com/the-resort/restaurants.php
The Boot at Paradise Adventure Golf
Miniature golf and bumper boats are great summer fun. Soft serve ice cream and arcade games just add to the family fun. https://www.paradisefunpark.net/
The Old School House Arts Centre
A heritage building home to three galleries. The gift shop showcases over 100 Vancouver Island craftspeople and paintings by local artists. https://www.theoldschoolhouse.org/